CRE suspends terms and deadlines due to Coronavirus
The Ministry of Energy ("SENER" by its acronym in Spanish) published in the Official Gazette a resolution establishing the suspension of legal deadlines and terms at the Ministry of energy, as a measure to prevent and combat the spread of the coronavirus COVID-19 (the “Resolution”).
In view of the country’s and global wide crisis that is occurring due to COVID-19, the SENER considered the suspension of terms and procedures in matters within its jurisdiction as a preventive measure.
1) Declares the suspension of the deadlines and terms in the acts and procedures followed before the SENER from March 25th until April 19th, 2020 (the "Term").
2) Declares the days of the Term to be non-working days for all legal purposes.
3) It establishes that the actions, notifications, requirements, applications or promotions made before the SENER during the Term shall be understood to have been made on April 20th.
4) Days and hours during the Term may be enabled if the head of the competent administrative unit of SENER deems it necessary in order to resolve matters considered as urgent and relevant.
5) Procurement, leasing and service procedures whose completion is extremely urgent are exempt from the suspension established in the Resolution.
It is important that individuals who have open proceedings or pending obligations before the SENER take into account this resolution for the development of their activities within the aforementioned Term.
For more information, the NOM can be found in the following link: https://bit.ly/2QL9ekM
In case of any inquiries about the content of this Alert, please contact:
Cecilia Curiel (firstname.lastname@example.org)
Constanza Aguilar (email@example.com)